Helle Hvid Hansen
Delft University of Technology
Tel: +31 (0)15 27 88595 (office)
Office: Room A3.300, TPM (Building 31).
I am an Assistant Professor (UD) and a Delft Technology Fellow at the department of Engineering Systems and Services of the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management>. I am also affiliated with the Applied Logic Group.
I do research on the formal modelling, specification and analysis of systems using coalgebra, category theory and modal logics. Particular application areas include automata and formal languages, semantics and logics for quantum computation, modal logics of interaction, and game theory. In 2012, I received a VENI grant from the NWO to study Coalgebraic Models of Quantum Systems.
Until Oct 2014, I worked at the Foundations Group (ICIS) at the RU Nijmegen on my VENI project, and before that on the NWO project Behavioural Differential Equations in which specification formats for streams and other mathematical structures are investigated using techniques from coalgebra, term rewriting and type theory. From 2009 to 2011, I was a postdoc in the Formal Systems Analysis group at the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), where I worked on the INESS project which aims to produce a common core of functional requirements for future interlockings in Europe.News
- Please submit a paper to Applied Category Theory (ACT 2019)! The conference takes place in Oxford, UK, 15-19 July 2019, followed by the associated summer school.
- Our paper Completeness for Game Logic is accepted for LICS 2019.
- I am invited to give a talk at Circularity in Syntax and Semantics, 20-25 Nov 2019, University of Gothenburg, organised by Bahareh Afshari, Paul Gorbow, Mattias Granberg Olsson, Graham Leigh.
- Please encourage your PhD students to submit a paper to PhDs in Logic XI, April 2019, Bern, Switzerland.
- Please submit a paper to Compositional Approaches in Physics, NLP, and the Social Sciences (CAPNS)! The workshop takes place on 2 Sep 2018 in Nice, France, colocated with Quantum Interaction 2018.
- Early registration for Coalgebra, Now @ FLoC2018 ends on Wed 6 June 2018.
- Henning Basold successfully defended his thesis on 19 April 2018. The first PhD student I supervised. Feeling proud!
- I am invited to give a talk at the 2nd Workshop on Open Games and Compositional Economics, Oxford 4-6 July 2018, organised by Jules Hedges and Philipp Zahn.
- I am organising the workshop Coalgebra, Now at FLOC 2018 (Oxford, 8 July 2018) with Fabio Zanasi (UCL).
- Please consider submitting a paper for AiML 2018!
- Our paper paper on long-term values in Markov Decision Processes is accepted for CMCS 2018.
- Zeinab Bakhtiari successfully defended her thesis in Dec 2017 at LORIA, Nancy. My first PhD student to graduate. Feeling proud!
- Larry Moss (Indiana University) is visiting for two days to work with Frank Feys and me on categorical approaches to Markov decision processes and stochastic games (July 2017).
- The International Symposium on Language, Logic and Computation (TbiLLC 2017) takes place 18-22 Sep 2017 in Lagodekhi, Georgia. The speakers include Sam van Gool, Dexter Kozen, Alexander Kurz, Eric Pacuit, Alex Simpson, and Ana Sokolova. TbiLLC is also known for its great social atmosphere. Participation is highly recommended!
- The post-proceedings of TbiLLC 2015 can be found HERE. The volume contains one of the last papers of Zoltan Esik, and a personal essay for him by Dexter Kozen.