Current and Recent Activities
I am an editor of the new Open Access journal Compositionality.
Since Sep 2017, I am the graduation coordinator (afstudeercoordinator) of the Energy and Industry group for the Master programmes COSEM/SEPAM, EPA and MoT.
Invited Speaker at International Symposia
- Logic and Structure in Computer Science and Beyond (LSCSB), 9-13 Dec 2019, Lorentz Center, Leiden, The Netherlands.
- Circularity in Syntax and Semantics, 20-22 Nov 2019, University of Gothenburg.
- 2nd Workshop on Open Games and Compositional Economics, 4-6 July 2018, University of Oxford.
- Algebra and Coalgebra Meet Proof Theory VII (ALCOP 2017), University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK.
- 11th International Symposium on Language, Logic and Computation (TbiLLC 2015), Tbilisi, Georgia.
Other Invited Talks
- Dynamics in Logic IV (2016), Delft, The Netherlands.
- Scottish Theorem Proving Seminar, Dundee, UK.
- Oxford Advanced Seminar on Informatic Structures (OASIS), Oxford, UK.
- Coalgebra in the Netherlands (COIN), Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
- 14th Int. Tbilisi Symposium on Language, Logic and Computation (TbiLLC 2021)
- Semantic Spaces at the Intersection of NLP, Physics, and Cognitive Science (SEMSPACE 2020)
- Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science (CMCS 2020)
- Logic and the Foundations of Game and Decision Theory (LOFT 2020)
- Advances in Modal Logic (AiML 2020)
- 27th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation (WoLLIC 2020)
- Applied Category Theory (ACT 2019)
- Semantic Spaces at the Intersection of NLP, Physics, and Cognitive Science (SEMSPACE 2019)
- Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2019)
- Third Symposium on Compositional Structures (SYCO3, 2019)
- PhDs in Logic XI (PhDL 2019)
- Compositional Approaches in Physics, NLP, and the Social Sciences (CAPNS 2018)
- Advances in Modal Logic (AiML 2018)
- Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science (CMCS 2018)
- 12th Int. Tbilisi Symposium on Language, Logic and Computation (TbiLLC 2017)
- Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2017)
- The 8th International Workshop on Logic and Cognition (WOLC 2016)
- European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2016)
- Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics (MFPS 2016)
- Mathematically Structured Functional Programming (MSFP 2016)
- Trends in Logic XV: Logics for Social Behaviour, 2015
- Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2015)
- Proof, Structure and Computation (LICS-CSL Satellite workshop, 2014)
- Founding editor of the new Open Access journal Compositionality
- Chair of the editor team for the post-proceedings of TbiLLC 2015.
- Workshop Coalgebra, Now at FLOC 2018 (Oxford, 8 July 2018) with Fabio Zanasi (UCL).
- European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2016), The Hague, The Netherlands. (Logistics co-chair).
- Workshop Logics for Social Behaviour at NASSLLI 2016 with Alessandra Palmigiano, Larry Moss, Eric Pacuit, Rohit Parikh, Marcus Pivato and Viktor Winschel. Rutgers University, USA.
- Logics for Social Behaviour 3, ETH Zürich, Switzerland.
- Workshop on Automata and Coalgebra at TbiLLC 2015, Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Algebra and Coalgebra meet Proof Theory VI (ALCOP 2015), Delft, The Netherlands.
- Workshop on Coalgebras in Quantum Physics, Bellairs Research Institute, Barbados.
- Representing Streams II, Lorentz Center Leiden, The Netherlands.
PhD Student Supervision (copromotor)
- Graciela Nava Guerrero, TU Delft, since Sep 2017. (Co-supervised with Zofia Lukszo and Gijsbert Korevaar.)
- Frank Feys, TU Delft, since Sep 2016. (Promotor: Paulien Herder)
- Henning Basold (co-supervised with Jan Rutten and Herman Geuvers). Obtained his PhD on 19 April 2018 at RU Nijmegen. Now Assistant Professor at Leiden University).
- Zeinab Bakhtiari (co-supervised with Hans van Ditmarsch). Obtained her PhD on 6 Dec 2017 at LORIA, Nancy France. Now working at TomTom.
External Examiner (PhD and Master Thesis Committees)
- Doctoral thesis committee of Qin Lin (5 Sep 2019, TU Delft)
- Doctoral examination board of Julian Salamanca (24 April 2018, RU Nijmegen)
- Doctoral thesis committee of Jurriaan Rot (15 Oct 2015, Leiden University).
- Doctoral examination board of Georgiana Caltais (16 Dec 2013, RU Nijmegen).
- Master of Logic thesis committee of Chase Ford (27 Sep 2019, ILLC, UvA).
- Master of Logic thesis committee of Olim Tuyt (13 Dec 2016, ILLC, UvA).
- Master of Logic thesis committee of Sander in t'Veld (4 July 2016, ILLC, UvA).
- Master of Logic thesis committee of Fabio Zanasi (31 Aug 2012, ILLC, UvA).